- Surge in Covid-19 cases in Tokyo, less than a month out from Olympics
- Moscow cafes ‘sacrificed’ as Russian government plays Covid catch-up
- Cambridge hospital’s mask upgrade appears to eliminate Covid risk to staff
- Parts of Australia under new Covid lockdown after cases of Delta variant
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The tables contained in the Primavera Italian restaurant in Moscow’s Shchukino district ought to have been packed on a Monday afternoon, however the one diners have been sat outdoors braving a thunderstorm.
For Moscow’s bustling restaurant enterprise, it was the primary day of a troublesome new QR-code regime that requires diners to offer proof they’ve been vaccinated or have a unfavourable PCR check to eat indoors. And the diners didn't seem to have gotten the memo.
Oh, and in addition from Labour’s Jim McMahon within the UK, requested if departed well being secretary Matt Hancock was, as somebody had steered, “the stupidest man on earth”, McMahon stated “There’s lots of people in authorities in rivalry for that job.” ZING!Continue reading...